Bilstein 5100 0-2.5″ Front, Rear shocks for 2005-2015 Toyota TacomaSale!
Bilstein 5100 0-2.5″ Front and 0-2″ Rear shocks for 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Toyota Tacoma 6 Lug
Bilstein B8 5100 (Ride Height Adjustable) shock absorbers are designed for trucks and SUV’s with a front OE coilover style suspension. Multiple snap-ring grooves in the body allow for different spring seat positions, providing 0-2.5 inches of front lift. The monotube shock absorbers feature a 46mm digressive piston a with self-adjusting deflective disc valve setting. Bilstein B8 5100 (Ride Height Adjustable) shock absorbers provide increased wheel travel and improved handling. Utilizing a B8 5100 (Ride Height Adjustable) shock absorber is the easiest way to level out your vehicle.
- Front Upper bushings and washers are not included from Bilstein with this part number, order separately if needed.
- Will not work on the 5-Lug Tacoma.
** Ride heights indicated are typical. Actual ride height is influenced by which factory suspension the vehicle is equipped with and its condition; optional equipment and accessories on your vehicle, and other vehicle modifications such as replacement coil springs, wheel and tire combinations, etc.
2 x 24-324359 (old part: 24-239370)
2 x 24-186728
Front shock bushings are not included.
NOTE: rear 5100 shocks are not adjustable
Includes 4 Shocks
Questions and answers of the customers
the rear says it can do 0-2” of lift, would it be able to have a 1.5” leaf pack and not negatively affect the shock?
- Will travel numbers be affected by setting them to the 2.5” setting?
Q Will travel numbers be affected by setting them to the 2.5” setting? answer nowA travel will be the same front suspension can feel stiffer due to preload
What are the Alignment specs on this setup?
Q What are the Alignment specs on this setup? answer nowA I am not sure. I put a winch and front bumper on, but the front end was still high with the front shocks on the OEM height. I ended up putting a 2" Toytec add a leaf on the back to level it out. Then i went to a frontend shop and did the alignment. The ride is very smooth. I hit one of those flood drains here in AZ the other day and braced myself. It came out smooth. Surprisingly.A please use truck manufacturer alignment specs
i have a 09 reg cab 4x4 tacoma what OME springs will work with this product if i want to set it to 2.5 lift on the front and will i need AAL for the rear with this set up.
- what size tires and wheels can I use once I install this at its max height of 2.5"
Q what size tires and wheels can I use once I install this at its max height of 2.5" answer nowA These wheels will fit without rubbing: Rim* Tire Width* Tire* Backspace* 8" 12" 32" 4.5" Bigger tires may require some trimming. Also precise caster/camber adjustment and body lift may help
Can these be used/are they compatible with stock front springs on 2007 Tacoma?
Q Can these be used/are they compatible with stock front springs on 2007 Tacoma? answer nowA yes, can be used with oem (stock) coils of 2007 Tacoma 6-lug
I have a 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4 wheel drive with a leveling kit will the shocks work okay
Q I have a 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4 wheel drive with a leveling kit will the shocks work okay answer nowA Hello Yes, it is suitable for 2005 Toyota Tacoma 4WD trd sport/trd offroad 6 Lug Front Notes: Front Lift Height: 0-2.5" Rear Notes: For Rear Lifted Height: 0-1"
Does this kit come with new bushings? Aside from coils, is anything else needed to do the install?
Q Does this kit come with new bushings? Aside from coils, is anything else needed to do the install? answer nowA Comes as pictured. Front shock come without bushings - you can reuse your old bushings or purchase new if needed * * * https://www.suspensionlifts.com/shop/toyota-fj-cruiser/front-shock-replacement-bushing-washer-kit/ * * * Diff drop kit is recommended for 4WD trucks for 1.5'' of front lift and more to increase the CV axles life.
if i get OME 883 springs which click or notch do i have to put it on the get an even 3” front with my rear at 2”? which notch starting from the bottom. im a bit confused which notch is stock height and which is the 1”
- how many notches are on the shock and how many inches of lift is on each notch?
Q how many notches are on the shock and how many inches of lift is on each notch? answer nowA The are 4 notches on the shock. The highest notch is for 2.5'' https://suspensionlifts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/24-186728-installation-instructions.pdf
how many notch adjustments are on the front shocks? (starting from stock notch as number 1 making your way up and how much lift each notch gives)
- I have a 2015 double cab Tacoma short bed. What exactly do I need to buy to get a 1.5 - 2 Inch lift and level with these shocks?
- Does this come with written step by step instructions for install? And any special tools required for install?
- what about the spc upper control arm....do i still need to get the caster and camber on right angle?
Q what about the spc upper control arm....do i still need to get the caster and camber on right angle?
i have 2012 tacoma 4x2 off road prerunner lifted 3" in front by spacer and 1"/1.5" in rear...if i install this with out removing the lifter i install....will it add more height on my vehicle?
Q i have 2012 tacoma 4x2 off road prerunner lifted 3" in front by spacer and 1"/1.5" in rear...if i...... Read more answer nowA It is not recommended to stack lifts and get more then 3'' - can be harmful for the suspension. Better install these shocks and get the front lift out of their adjustment - the ride quality will be improved
With these rear shocks, is my only option for lifting the back by using blocks? Or can these 5100’s be used with an AAL of some kind?
- I have an 06 tacoma with a 4" spindle lift with a 2.5" spacer on top of that could I add these to that?
Q I have an 06 tacoma with a 4" spindle lift with a 2.5" spacer on top of that could I add these to...... Read more answer nowA No, it is not recommended to shack lifts. Can be used on the lowest notch adjustment without spacers if yu are sure their dimensions are similar yo your old shocsk and are safe to use
What hardware: bushings, top hat, washers, does this come with? Or does it come with any of that?
Q What hardware: bushings, top hat, washers, does this come with? Or does it come with any of that? answer nowA Comes without bushingsA Rear shocks come with all bushings. Front shocks do not come with upper bushings - you would need to reuse your existing ones.
I want to know if I can use the 5100 on the front and rear of my 14 4x4 which already has a leveling kit that I had put on at the dealership.
- I installed this rides and looks great still need to get tires on it any recommended size? Also my Traction control light came on and I cannot get it to go off anyone know why?
Q I installed this rides and looks great still need to get tires on it any recommended size? Also m...... Read more answer nowA Maybe the plugs or abs wires were touched during instalaltion? AS for the tires - 32'' tires will fit, for 33'' minor plastic trimming can be required. Maybe precise castercamber adjustment will help
I have a 2013 TRD sport I want to lift the front 2-2.5inches. Can I use my stock coils? In the back I have a 1 inch block I can install, with these shocks will it lift the back to even with the front? I want to have a good mix between off road and street driving with a comfortable ride.
- I want to lift the front 2 in to get it level with the rear do I re use my stock springs with this kit or do I need different springs
- Will these fit on my 2016 tacoma TRD OFFROAD?
Q Will these fit on my 2016 tacoma TRD OFFROAD? answer nowA These will not, but these will: https://suspensionlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2016-and-up/2016-lift-kits/bilstein-0-2-lift-front-shocks-0-1-lift-rear-shocks-2016-2017-toyota-tacoma/
Will I need aftermarket bump stops if I go all the way to the 2.5" setting? Or is there enough travel where it will hit the stock bump stop before using the actual strut as the stop?
- I have a 2008 taco trd dbl cab short bed w/ stock suspension and lt255/75x17 bdg M/t's on stock wheels. has 99,000 miles with new leafs in the rear. almost exclusively on pavement use.looking to replace shocks and tires and get a level 2" lift. i normally tow nothing or haul very little weight. new tires will be 255/80x17 nittos. looking at replacing the stock yellow/blue bilsteins with adjustable bilstein 5100's and a block in the rear to accomplish what i want to do. is this a good option and if so, what size block in the rear? thanks!
- I have a 2007 Toyota Double Cab TRD Off Road Edition. I am part of the frame replacement recall and am getting a whole new frame. My mechanic has advised me to get any replacement parts that I would like to have added on and they will charge no labor (as the body will be off the frame anyway). I wanted to get new shocks and the Bilstein 5100s look ideal. I'm not really interested in lifting, if anything I would only go 1". Do I need to invest in coils for these shocks? What else do you recommend?
Q I have a 2007 Toyota Double Cab TRD Off Road Edition. I am part of the frame replacement recall a...... Read more answer nowA No need to get new coils, only maybe bushings if your old bushings are not in a good shape * * * https://suspensionlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/bilstein-height-adjustable-5100-front-and-rear-5100-shock/ * * * https://suspensionlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/1995-2004/front-shock-replacement-bushing-washer-kit/ * * *
I have a 2013 Tacoma TRD, stock question is this set says front and rear shocks, I thought the front were struts. Are they the same thing just making sure before I order the set.
- Will these shocks fit on my stock 2013 TRD Tacoma? Would also like front lifted to height of back. Thank You.
Q Will these shocks fit on my stock 2013 TRD Tacoma? Would also like front lifted to height of back...... Read more answer nowA Yes, the shocks will fit. You may use 3rd or 4th notch adjustment on the front shocks to level the truckA My mechanic said fronts are struts, does this matter? This set says four shocks. It is a stock 2013 Tacoma trd. Will it work.
I have a 2011 stock SR5 v6 4x4 tacoma. At what hight setting on the bilstein 5100 do I need to be able to fit 285's??
- I have already installed the 3" toytec springs and rear add a leaf to my 2015 Off Road TRD tacomas stock suspension. If i buy these will i lose clearance or will these work in conjunction with the aftermarket springs and have my truck stay at about the 2.75" its already gotten from the springs. (I have already installed aftermarket UCAs). Thanks!
Q I have already installed the 3" toytec springs and rear add a leaf to my 2015 Off Road TRD tacoma...... Read more answer nowA These shocks can be used in your case, but the front height adjustable shocks will have to be set at the lowest notch to prevent getting more then 3'' of total front lift, that can damage the suspension and cv axles
Will these work on a 2010 5 lug?
Q Will these work on a 2010 5 lug? answer nowA We can offer only stock height shocks ( 0'' lift) for 5-lug 1995 -2004 (1st gen) Tacoma https://suspensionlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/1995-2004/shocks-95-04/bilstein-4600-front-rear-shocks-1995-2004-toyota-tacoma-5-lug-2wd/ FRONT: Extended Length (IN): 13.98 Inch Compressed Length (IN): 9.09 Inch Rod Diameter (IN): 1.81 Inch Upper Mounting Style: Stem Lower Mounting Style: Bar Pin REAR: Extended Length (IN): 18.8 Inch Compressed Length (IN): 12.11 Inch Rod Diameter (IN): 1.81 Inch Upper Mounting Style: Eyelet Lower Mounting Style: Eyelet
I still want it lifted 2" at least but want the rake as well. Where do I need to set the the front struts since the back are fixed? Correct?
Q I still want it lifted 2" at least but want the rake as well. Where do I need to set the the fron...... Read more answer nowA If you want 2'' of front lift and keeep the rake, then the rear is to be lifted 1-1.5'' withs blocks * * * https://suspensionlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/rear-1-5-inch-block-kit-includes-u-bolts/ * * or add a leafs if towing or carrying heavy stuff * * * https://suspensionlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/rear-toytec-add-a-leafs-for-2000-2006-toyota-tundra-and-2005-and-up-tacoma/ * * *
When installing this lift option how can you keep your factory rake? Do not want the front end higher or just level considering any weight which may be in the bed of the truck, but still want it picked up some for a better appearance.
- If I set the front to 2.5 will the truck be leveled? Or will the rear be little lower at 2.5?
Q If I set the front to 2.5 will the truck be leveled? Or will the rear be little lower at 2.5? answer nowA You need to take existing measurement to see how much you need to level the vehicle. From center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender
Can you use the 2" adjustment on a 2017 4x2 Tacoma sport, double cab short bed.
Q Can you use the 2" adjustment on a 2017 4x2 Tacoma sport, double cab short bed. answer nowA Yes, it can be used on factory (stock) coil springs
Will installing this kit alone lift my 2006 toyota tacoma prerunner double cab? or do I need to purchase the adjustable lift kit at the more expensive price?
Q Will installing this kit alone lift my 2006 toyota tacoma prerunner double cab? or do I need to p...... Read more answer nowA The front shocks are height adjustable and allow lifting the fornt end up to 2,5'' using your stock springs. The rear shocks will not lift your truck by themselves - some lift kit options as add-a-leafs or longer coils or maybe spacers will be required for a lift. The rear shocks are only longer then the stock shock - designed for use with the existing lift.
Will these shocks fit a 2017 tacoma sr5?
Q Will these shocks fit a 2017 tacoma sr5? answer nowA No, but these will fit: https://suspensionlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2016-and-up/2016-lift-kits/bilstein-0-2-lift-front-shocks-0-1-lift-rear-shocks-2016-2017-toyota-tacoma/
Will these shocks work with the stock coils on my 2007 access Tacoma (4x4) to get 2.5" lift?
Q Will these shocks work with the stock coils on my 2007 access Tacoma (4x4) to get 2.5" lift? answer nowA Yes, theese shocks will work with stocks coils. Front shocks are height adjustable, but rear height will remain the same as it was before the shocks installation.
I have a 2011 Tacoma double cab 4x4 that the dealership had put a old man emu lift on before I bought it. They said it was a two inch lift but that's all the information I have. Is there anyway to know if these will work? They called it the adventure series? The shocks are so rusty I can't get part numbers off them any more. Your help is appreciated.
- Will the 5100 rear shocks work with my 2015 TRD tacoma which has the tsb leaf pack and I added the 1.5" toytec aal?
- I have a already lifted 08 prerunner 2wd tacoma 1.75 lift front and rear will this fit my truck and do I have to adjust anything on installation or just put them on and they will self adjust to the hight of my truck? thanks
Q I have a already lifted 08 prerunner 2wd tacoma 1.75 lift front and rear will this fit my truck a...... Read more answer nowA
The front shocks are adjustable. You may set them to the 1st clip to have the front lift without changes or use 2nd clip to have a +0.75'' of additional ift. Please keep in mind that exceeding the 2.5-3'' of total front lift is strictly not recommended without aftermarket longer UCAs or spindles for 2WDs.
Will these shocks install on a factory 2012 tacoma ted? Will I need additional parts. Or will I have to stay with the OME??
Q Will these shocks install on a factory 2012 tacoma ted? Will I need additional parts. Or will I h...... Read more answer nowA This shocks will fit Tacoma 2012 Base or PreRunner, but will not fit X-Runner. We can offer OME if you prefer them. https://suspensionlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/ome-60091-rear-for-2005-toyota-tacoma/ https://suspensionlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/shocks-05-15/front-0-2-25-lift-ome-shocks-sport-90021-05-14-tacoma-03-09-4runnerfj-cruiser/
Will these shocks work on a 2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5
Q Will these shocks work on a 2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5 answer nowA
Will the OME 883 springs work with this? Would I need to get anymore parts to make the springs work with these shocks?
- 2011 Toyota Tacoma pre runner. I want to maintain close to stock look but with a slightly beefier look. Not looking to do a big lift. Ideally looking to add 1 inch front and replace stock 265/70 r16 with 265/75r16. Should I also replace the rear shocks. It says the rear are 0"-2" but then there is a "note" that says the rear are not adjustable. Can you elaborate/ clarify?
- Looking to lift/level my 2012 Tacoma without getting new UCAs. Will this do it and what setting will I need for the shocks to achieve this?
- I have 2 questions, 1)I have a 2007 regular cab 4cly. What snap ring level do I need to put it on in order to get the 2.5 lift, not quite sure do to the truck being much lighter up front 2) if I go with the set-up with a 2.5 lift will I have to get the alignment done?
Q I have 2 questions, 1)I have a 2007 regular cab 4cly. What snap ring level do I need to put it on...... Read more answer nowA
Start with the 3rd clip and go from there. Another option would be to buy adjustable coil overs and adjust them to desire lift. Yes it would be a good idea to gen an alignment done after adjusting vehicle height.
Will the front shocks work with ome 884 coils on a 2006 tacoma? How much lift can I get without preloading the shocks?